Re: Extended comment period for Composite Link Requirements as WG docume

Subject: Re: Extended comment period for Composite Link Requirements as WG document
From: Lou Berger
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 08:59:10 -0500
        While there is nothing wrong with standardizing a patented technology
per se, given that this work is just at the requirements stage perhaps
it makes more sense to focus on the requirements of supporting
'composite links' as defined in G.800
(http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G.800-200709-I/en).  In fact, after giving
a quick look at the documents, I don't see 'CTG' used or defined
anywhere in either G.800 or the draft.  So perhaps the only needed
changes are (a) to remove any references to "CTG", including in the name
and (b) add some text placing the draft/requirements in the context
G.800 defined composite links.

Note that my comment has no bearing on the eventual solution selected by
the WG to support the requirements, which may even be the solution(s)
covered in the patent applications.