I-D Action:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-04.txt

Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-04.txt
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 05:00:02 -0700 PDT
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of
the IETF.

        Title           : IP Fast Reroute Using Not-via Addresses
        Author(s)       : M. Shand, et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-04.txt
        Pages           : 31
        Date            : 2009-07-10

This draft describes a mechanism that provides fast reroute in an IP
network through encapsulation to "not-via" addresses.  A single level
of encapsulation is used.  The mechanism protects unicast, multicast
and LDP traffic against link, router and shared risk group failure,
regardless of network topology and metrics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

I-D-Announce mailing list