Re: RFC 5378 and Draft Submissions

Subject: Re: RFC 5378 and Draft Submissions
From: "John G. Scudder"
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:19:10 -0500
For the benefit of others: The problem Robert was having turned out to be that to pass the new idnits, assuming you're using the XML template you have to not only use the beta xml2rfc but also put in 'ipr="trust200811"' in the <rfc> element.
Note that having done so, your I-D will contain new IPR language.
Whether that IPR language is acceptable to you is another matter and
is what the initial message was about.
--John

On Jan 16, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Robert Raszuk wrote:

Hi John,

Not for rtgwg but for idr wg I have been struggling with this for the last 10 days and it's just hopeless.
Can we ask Bill to post real xml2rfc translation 1.34 which does the
job right and we all are done ?
The beta 1.34r2 currently available still fails the new IDNITS check.

Thx,
R.

Folks submitting Internet Drafts which incorporate material from earlier IETF content should be aware of the below. You may also want to take a look at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg54839.html . I would be interested in knowing if any rtgwg draft authors believe they will be affected by this issue. Any discussion of this issue not specifically related to rtgwg drafts should be taken to the main IETF discussion list where you will find a lively discussion underway.
--John
Begin forwarded message:
From: "Eric Rescorla" <[email protected]>
Date: January 15, 2009 12:03:42 AM GMT-05:00