I-D Action:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-framework-09.txt

Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-framework-09.txt
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:00:01 -0700 PDT
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of
the IETF.

        Title           : IP Fast Reroute Framework
        Author(s)       : M. Shand, S. Bryant
        Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-framework-09.txt
        Pages           : 16
        Date            : 2008-10-30

This document provides a framework for the development of IP fast-
reroute mechanisms which provide protection against link or router
failure by invoking locally determined repair paths.  Unlike MPLS
Fast-reroute, the mechanisms are applicable to a network employing
conventional IP routing and forwarding.  An essential part of such
mechanisms is the prevention of packet loss caused by the loops which
normally occur during the re-convergence of the network following a

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

rtgwg mailing list