Re: [RRG] Re: FYI -- Informal LISP BOF scheduled for lunch time on Thurs

Subject: Re: [RRG] Re: FYI -- Informal LISP BOF scheduled for lunch time on Thursday
From: "John G. Scudder"
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 23:39:34 -0800
On Dec 5, 2007, at 9:29 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
My impression is that most people who are worried about the "routing [being] about to collapse" are worried about a number of things, one of which is about that giant distributed computation going unstable (e.g. Ts going over some
kind of knee).
Maybe it's not a problem, and we don't need to worry about it, but the thing is that it's so complex, and so little studied/understood, that it's hard to
be sure there's no problem lurking out there.
Of course, it's hard to prove a negative, especially about large
complex distributed systems. OTOH, there's some argument to be made
(and I've made it before) that there's no obvious knee in the BGP
performance curve. I'm not aware of a persuasive argument to the
No dispute whatsoever regarding your point about the lack of study of
large scale Internet routing dynamics (and implicitly, the need for

rtgwg mailing list