Re: FYI -- Informal LISP BOF scheduled for lunch time on Thursday

Subject: Re: FYI -- Informal LISP BOF scheduled for lunch time on Thursday
From: "John G. Scudder"
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:21:37 -0800
On Dec 6, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Greg Shepherd wrote:
Yes, we vendors can continue to make larger routers. I wonder if there
is a tangible power savings by a new routing architecture over just
building and deploying bigger routers.
Evidence to date is that the answer to this question is "no", at least
for any variant which continues to rely on something resembling
current IP forwarding (which would include all of the major proposals
currently being discussed in RRG, AFAICT).
--John