Re: Comments on draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-09

Subject: Re: Comments on draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-09
From: Rüdiger A Martin
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:33:08 +0200
Hi all,

we recently finished a comparison of LFAs and Not-Vias.

It provides alternative wording for LFA description, strategies for
LFA selection for different resilience requirements, and quantitative
results of their impact on protection coverage.  It also
compares the path prolongation and decapsulation load for various
combinations of LFAs and Not-Vias. We plan to extend the analysis to
broadcast scenarios and SRLGs.

This analysis might be useful when reworking the current draft. Comments are welcome.

            Dipl.-Inform. Rüdiger Martin
Department of Distributed Systems (Informatik III)
Insitute of Computer Science, University of Würzburg
       Am Hubland, 97074 Würzburg, Germany
        [email protected]
             Tel: +49 931 888-6651
Fax: +49 931 888-6632