DVMRP question

Subject: DVMRP question
From: "Prakash R"
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:12:35 -0400

Hi,

Sorry I could not get the DVMRP working group, and so I am sending this mail to work groups which are related to this DVMRP.

My name is Prakash and I am working on DVMRP.I have a question regarding the prune life time.

In section 3.5.4 of the draft "draft-ietf-idmr-dvmrp-v3-10", there is a statement "Determine the prune lifetime. This value should be the minimum of the default prune lifetime (randomized to prevent synchronization) and the remaining prune lifetimes of the downstream neighbors."

Interpretation wise I have a doubt over here. I have listed my two interpretations A and B.

A) the minimum of the default prune lifetime (randomized to prevent synchronization) plus the remaining prune lifetimes of the downstream neighbors

B) the minimum of the default prune lifetime (randomized to prevent synchronization) or the remaining prune lifetimes of the downstream neighbors

if the default prune values is considered as  X and the minimum value of the remaining prune life times of the downstream neighbors is considered as Y,

According to A, prune life time should be X+Y

And according to B, prune life time should be X or Y depending on which ever is minimum.

So, is my A interpretation correct or B interpretation correct?

Regards,

Prakash.

The information contained in this e-mail is LVL7 confidential. Any use except that authorized by LVL7 is prohibited. If you get this in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail.