Re: WG docs reminder

Subject: Re: WG docs reminder
From: mike shand
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:45:53 +0000
At 07:20 20/11/2006, Michael Menth wrote:
Dear John,

draft-bryant-shand-lf-conv-frmwk-03.txt
draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-03.txt
draft-francois-ordered-fib-02.txt
We support these drafts.

Here are some comments on draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-03.txt.

4.4 5.a.i: Does Fig. 3 refer to this case? In Fig. 3 P is NOT a next hop of Y. I can imagine what this passage want, but it is hard to understand.
Yes it does refer to figure 3. I agree it is slightly confusing.

By "Y, a node whose next hop is P"

we mean that S's next hop towards Y is P

and conversely that S's next hop towards Z is not P

We will try to clarify that in the next version

Regarding the iSPF calculation in 3):
We studied the time savings achievable by incremental Shortest Path
First algorithms in the context of resource management with resilience.
Experimental results showed that the computation time can be reduced
by up to 90% compared to full SPF computations when we also recomputed
the new load distribution.
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~menth/Publications/Menth06r.pdf

Interesting paper. I'll read it in depth later.

There are a number of furhter optimizations which can be applied to the not-via iSPF computation.
Have you thought about the effect of the use of the "early
termination" once the not-via addresses have been re-attached.
Typos:
* 1. last sentence "in not" -> "is not"
* 10. "process the chose encapsulation" -> "process the chosen encapsulation"
* 14. "If an attacker were" -> "If an attacker was"
Thanks for the first two

actually the use of "were" (the subjunctive) is better English than "was" in this context.

Best wishes,

   Michael

John G. Scudder wrote:
As a reminder, three documents were proposed as WG documents at our IETF-67 meeting:
draft-bryant-shand-lf-conv-frmwk-03.txt
draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-03.txt
draft-francois-ordered-fib-02.txt

Rough consensus at the in-person meeting favored adoption. The deadline for comments to the list is November 21 (this coming Tuesday).
--John

Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/888-6644, fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email protected]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn