Re: WG docs reminder

Subject: Re: WG docs reminder
From: Michael Menth
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:20:30 +0100
Dear John,

draft-bryant-shand-lf-conv-frmwk-03.txt
draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-03.txt
draft-francois-ordered-fib-02.txt

We support these drafts.

Here are some comments on draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-03.txt.

4.4 5.a.i: Does Fig. 3 refer to this case? In Fig. 3 P is NOT a next hop of Y. I can imagine what this passage want, but it is hard to understand.
Regarding the iSPF calculation in 3):
We studied the time savings achievable by incremental Shortest Path
First algorithms in the context of resource management with resilience.
Experimental results showed that the computation time can be reduced
by up to 90% compared to full SPF computations when we also recomputed
the new load distribution.
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~menth/Publications/Menth06r.pdf

Typos:
* 1. last sentence "in not" -> "is not"
* 10. "process the chose encapsulation" -> "process the chosen encapsulation"
* 14. "If an attacker were" -> "If an attacker was"

Best wishes,

   Michael

John G. Scudder wrote:
As a reminder, three documents were proposed as WG documents at our IETF-67 meeting:
draft-bryant-shand-lf-conv-frmwk-03.txt
draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-03.txt
draft-francois-ordered-fib-02.txt

Rough consensus at the in-person meeting favored adoption. The deadline for comments to the list is November 21 (this coming Tuesday).
--John

Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/888-6644, fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email protected]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn