Re: Adopting draft-francois-ordered-fib-00.txt as a WG document

Subject: Re: Adopting draft-francois-ordered-fib-00.txt as a WG document
From: Alia Atlas
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:00:55 -0800
Olivier,

Could you outline the changes to the proposal since we discussed it in
detail last year?
I believe that the same objections were raised to it in Paris as came
out of the design team discussion.  Certainly, I believe that I voiced
the same concerns.  These related to the much larger convergence time,
the amount of additional signaling and the clear handling of SRLGs &
nodes.  In addition, a clear algorithm for the computation would be
useful.

I can certainly see some uses for the maintenance (link up or metric
change) related events.  The signaling part could use more details and
discussion of the dynamics.

Alia