Re: draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-01.txt - times

Subject: Re: draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-01.txt - times
From: Alia Atlas
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:18:33 -0400
At 06:37 PM 6/3/2005, Alex Zinin wrote:
Stewart, Alia-

 Good. Let's think about this a little more before jumping on it.
Absolutely :-)

 Meanwhile, one thought I had while reading this thread: Stewart, you
 suggested that the max delay is found during the SPF calculation. It seems
 (or I hope ;) you didn't mean finding destination-specific max values, but
 instead merely using SPF's graph exploration property--visiting all
 reachable vertices.

 While this would work algorithmically, I would instead prefer finding the
 max among all available announcements, whether the corresponding nodes are
 momentarily reachable or not. This would be more robust, easier to debug,
 and save extra fluctuations when the network topology changes. If any of
 the routers becomes unreachable for an extended period of time, its
 LSAs/LSPs would finally age out and hence taken out of consideration.
Yes, I was assuming that this would be the approach.

Friday, June 3, 2005, 2:15:57 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

> Alex Zinin wrote:

>> Stewart, et al-
>>  Do you guys mean
>>   - announcing values of configurable delays that are only changed
>>     by an admin action OR

> Yes

>>   - announcing results of router's dynamic delay measurements?

> No

>>  I would rather we not go in the latter direction.

> I agree

> Stewart

Rtgwg mailing list
[email protected]