Re: WG Item?: draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-01.txt

Subject: Re: WG Item?: draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-01.txt
From: Alex Zinin
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:09:13 -0700
Curtis,

> Other than some concern about whether an efficient unencumbered
> algorithm to determine Type A, B, or C, I have no objections to this
> being accepted as a WG document.

As Alia explained, the algorithm in the document uses the before-failure
calculations done by IP FRR. The after-failure calculations are the same
you'd need to do to find LFAs for the after-failure topology for IP FRR.
You then need to visit all prefixes, identify the type and calculate the
safe neighbors for Type-Bs. There are some straight-forward optimizations
to shorten the list of prefixes that need to be checked (e.g. early
detection of type-As and some type-Cs).

Re IPR: to the best of my knowledge, at this point I am not aware of any
patents issued to, or claims filed or being prepared by me, any other
person, or a company with regards to the algorithm documented in the draft.

--
Alex