Re: draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-01.txt - times

Subject: Re: draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-01.txt - times
From: Alex Zinin
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 15:37:33 -0700
Stewart, Alia-

 Good. Let's think about this a little more before jumping on it.

 Meanwhile, one thought I had while reading this thread: Stewart, you
 suggested that the max delay is found during the SPF calculation. It seems
 (or I hope ;) you didn't mean finding destination-specific max values, but
 instead merely using SPF's graph exploration property--visiting all
 reachable vertices.

 While this would work algorithmically, I would instead prefer finding the
 max among all available announcements, whether the corresponding nodes are
 momentarily reachable or not. This would be more robust, easier to debug,
 and save extra fluctuations when the network topology changes. If any of
 the routers becomes unreachable for an extended period of time, its
 LSAs/LSPs would finally age out and hence taken out of consideration.

--
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin