Re: Updated: draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-01.txt

Subject: Re: Updated: draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-01.txt
From: Alia Atlas
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:44:53 -0400

At 07:48 PM 6/3/2005, Alex Zinin wrote:
> Do you want the policy of using type B or not? If not using them, then the
> text is ok - but needs a clarifying statement that this means that the type
> B next-hops are not used due to policy.

OK, understood. Personally, I'd rather avoid extra next-hop flip-flop (and
hence traffic rerouting) and not use the temporary safe nbrs unless I have
to (as in the type-B case), but if you think we should explicitly allow
them, I'll add a MAY in step 1 and words on removal in 2.

Let me know.
I'm fine with not explicitly allowing type B in this scenario. I guess I'd
put SHOULDs in the text you have & explain that not using type B is
recommended policy for the above reasons.

Rtgwg mailing list