Re: thoughts on draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-00.txt

Subject: Re: thoughts on draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-00.txt
From: Naiming Shen
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:55:56 -0700
Loa,

Check out the MPLS mailing list archive April 2004 with
subject of "discussion on nexthop fast-reroute drafts".
I posted the mail first on the list asking for two drafts,

draft-shen-nhop-fastreroute-00.txt
draft-shen-mpls-ldp-nnhop-label-00.txt

to be adopted as the working group document in mpls-wg.
there were some syntax comments and some IPR dicussions
followed. the IPR issue should be fixed and we also
posted version-1 drafts after that. I can post the
new versions and start the discussion again.

thanks.
- Naiming

Loa Andersson said the following on 05/16/2005 04:03 AM:
Naiming,

could you give me the pointer to "the last time" you are
refereing to. I find "the latest" in the reference to this
from the Seoul meeting. There were two question posed, do
we want to take LDP there and will it actually achieve
what the authors claim. Both questions were left for
further discussion on the MPLS mailing list. As far as
I remember this discussion has not taken place.

/Loa

Naiming Shen wrote:

Loa,

Last time the issue was with the wording of IPR statement in the
previous version of NNHOP LDP draft, we plan to refresh the
document in the mpls wg soon.

thanks.
- Naiming

Loa Andersson said the following on 05/02/2005 12:55 AM:

Mike,

actually the Naimings draft did not go anywhere when discussed in the
MPLS wg, this change to LDP would have to be taken up in the mpls again.

/Loa

2. Explicit tunnels are needed, which means that targeted LDP sessions are necessary to have this support LDP traffic.

Yes. In the case of node protection we could also using Naiming's scheme of next-next hop LDP advertisement.