Re: LFAs and ECMP

Subject: Re: LFAs and ECMP
From: Alia Atlas
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:24:37 -0500

At 04:50 PM 2/15/2005, Alex Zinin wrote:
  When adding text on this to the document, please make sure the difference
  between using ECMP for load-balancing BF and using ECMP and LFAs for
  protection AF is emphasized.
Will do.

Another question we may want to think about is load-balancing AF via multiple
I don't believe that anything in the draft prevents this - it may not be
explicitly called out. It can certainly be the case with ECMP. I can
specify that a router SHOULD select at least one alternate, if available.
I'll try to get an updated section on this piece out tomorrow.

Rtgwg mailing list