Re: draft-atlas-rtgwg-ipfrr-ip-mib-00.txt

Subject: Re: draft-atlas-rtgwg-ipfrr-ip-mib-00.txt
From: Alia Atlas
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:08:18 -0500
At 01:38 PM 11/11/2004, Adrian Farrel wrote:
A few nits, probably worth getting them out early.

1. Please say "MIB module" not "MIB"
Will do.

2. As suggested at the mic, do consider SNMP Notifications, but also consider the amount of information overload that might arise on recovery from a single network fault. Probably
much more interesting to keep statistics and history about actions and errors.
I think these belong in the IGP-specific MIBs, so that they can be related
to the particular area that was affected.
Of interest might be:
a) Event count: hold-down for link-protecting alternates was terminated because a node failed. b) Event count: hold-down for node-protecting alternates was terminated because an unrelated link failed.
        c) Event count: single link failure triggered SPF
        d) Event count: single node failure triggered SPF
        e) Event count: local link failure triggered SPF

3. Please split references into normative and informational.
I suspect draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2096-update-07 is needed as a normative reference

4. I agree that write access will be needed for some objects.
Do you think we need write access into both the ipFrrAltTable and the
ipFrrNoAltTable? I primarily see this as being useful for static routes.

Rtgwg mailing list