Re: questions on draft-bryant-ipfrr-tunnels-01.txt

Subject: Re: questions on draft-bryant-ipfrr-tunnels-01.txt
From: Curtis Villamizar
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:20:10 -0500
In message <[email protected]>
Alia Atlas writes:

> Curtis,
>
> You may be right on the terminology.
>
> What about unexpected simultaneous failures?  One can do a mechanism, as
> you said, to protect against a limited number of unexpected simultaneous
> failures, but not a large or arbitrary number without fair expense.
>
> Alia

Thats already in another response.  Briefly, unexpected simultaneous
failures are covered in the literature but the solutions may not be
practical for commercial data communications.  It usually just called
multiple failures in the literature that doesn't specificly address
SRLG even where the algorithms would still be applicable with SRLG.

Curtis