Re: node disjoint and SRLG

Subject: Re: node disjoint and SRLG
From: Stewart Bryant
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:14:02 +0000

mike shand wrote:

At 17:35 22/11/2004 -0500, Curtis Villamizar wrote:

In message <[email protected]>
Alia Atlas writes:

> Curtis,
>
> I think that Mike's numbers are for the percentage of node failures that
> can't be repaired with a single primary tunnel+directed forwarding.
>
> I.e., it covers the node disjoint case pretty well.
>
> Alia

What he's saying is that in the worst case he looked at 13.77% of the
cases were not covered by single hop.  With 2 hop there is 100%
coverage but there is still some question about how computationally
feasible the 2 hop algoritm is.
The use of the word hop may be confusing here. This is two stage
rather than two hop, and there may be multiple hops per stage.
Stewart