Re: node disjoint and SRLG

Subject: Re: node disjoint and SRLG
From: Stewart Bryant
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:54:10 +0000
That is a desire, although I have some personal doubts at the validity of that constraint. Remember that when we designed link state protocols we were using CPUs that were three orders of magnitude slower than those that we use today.

Which means we can do a handful of SPFs, not 100s or 1000s.
Sorry I don't follow. When LS protocols were introduced (say 1990)
we had processors that could do 1 mip doing everything. As I recall
speed doubles every 18mths, which I think is 2^(14*2/3) which is
over 500. So why can't we run order 500 SPFs? Where did all the performance go?
Stewart