Re: ordered SPFs

Subject: Re: ordered SPFs
From: mike shand
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:49:37 +0100
At 01:18 22/10/2004 -0400, Alia Atlas wrote:
Mike,

To clarify a bit further on the inter-area issue, does this handle the case where the cost of a route advertised into the area changes so that a different ABR is selected?

I hadn't thought about that, but off hand I would say that you can model this scenario as if you have two (or more) ABRs (say A and B) each of which has a "link" to the external route X. So the scenario you describe is equivalent to a failure (or cost change) of the AX or BX link. As such, the normal mechanisms should handle it. But it would require special casing to for the code to make this interpretation.
 What if the cost to the different ABR changes semi-simultaneously?
I think that is a case of the generalized SRLG isn't it?

        Mike

Alia

At 01:59 PM 10/21/2004, Alia Atlas wrote:
Mike,

Here are a couple other questions about ordered SPFs.

First, how does this interact/work with OSPF Virtual Links?
Second, how does this interact with different areas?

Alia