Re: ordered SPFs

Subject: Re: ordered SPFs
From: Alia Atlas
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:45:26 -0400
At 12:54 PM 10/22/2004, mike shand wrote:
I was thinking of computing the delay essentially based on the final hopCount and the final maxHorizon. Instead, I think you are taking the delay based on each hopCount and maxHorizon, for each failed link, and then taking the max.
Yes. That is correct. I think this explains both our confusions!
Well, a combo of that and my not realizing you were pruning the RSPT. I
knew it had to be an ECMP case that caused the issue, but without the
pruning, I couldn't find a way to have the different updates matter.

Sorry for being confused; I do think this needs substantially more description.
 The whole thing is confusing at the best of times.!

Sorry I haven't been able to give this much time this week.
It's a busy week for everyone :-)
As you can tell, I think the ordered SPFs is a very interesting idea. The question is how it works in practice with all the extra details.
Alia