Re: ordered SPFs

Subject: Re: ordered SPFs
From: Alia Atlas
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:38:28 -0400
At 08:02 AM 10/22/2004, mike shand wrote:
SO now going back to your analysis of the pt-pt link case. I think you may have misunderstood how the reverse SPF is used. Remember that it is ONLY the portion of the RSPF which crosses the link under consideration which is interesting.
If I understand this correctly, what you are saying is that you do an RSPF
for each end of the link and take the results from the one whose first hop
is across the link which just failed. This is how you resolve the multiple
RSPFs required for a single link failure.
If multiple link failures are reported in the same LSP/LSA, then how do you
decide which of the RSPFs to use? Do you take the maximum hopCount of all
RSPFs which go across a failed link?
If additional link failures are reported in a different LSP/LSA, then how
do you decide which of the RSPFs to use (among the one selected for this
LSP/LSA and the current one)?
Alia