Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-00.txt

Subject: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-00.txt
From: Alex Zinin
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:36:51 -0700
Folks-

 This draft is a result of a discussion we had among a few folks (Alia, Don,
 Mike, Stewart, et al).

 My goal with this document was to try and analyze formation of microloops,
 plus identify the scenarios where they will not form, and categorize scenarios
 where they normally will.

 The next goal was to see if we can do something in the scenarios where
 microloops normally form. I didn't try to get 100% coverage though (it's likely
 to require tunnels).

 Hopefully this should help the discussion on the list.

--
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin

This is a forwarded message
From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, October 8, 2004, 12:37:39 PM

        Title           : Analysis and Minimization of Microloops in Link-state
                          Routing Protocols
        Author(s)       : A. Zinin
        Filename        : draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-00.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2004-10-8

Link-state routing protocols (e.g. OSPF or IS-IS) are known to
   converge to a loop-free state within a finite period of time after a
   failure. It is normal, however, to observe short-term loops during
   the period of failure propagation, route recalculation, and
   forwarding table update, due to the asynchronous nature of link-state
   protocol operation. This document provides an analysis of formation
   of such microloops and suggests simple mechanisms to minimize them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email protected] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
        [email protected]
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.

<<< MESSAGE/EXTERNAL-BODY; name="1.msg": Unrecognized >>>

<<< MESSAGE/EXTERNAL-BODY; name="draft-zinin-microloop-analysis-00.txt": Unrecognized >>>