Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-01.txt

Subject: Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-01.txt
From: Thomas Eriksson
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:19:48 +0200
Alia, we have talked briefly at the IETF a couple of times. I am interested in the IP fast reroute concept and hope that we can use it in our network some time in the future. I have a concern however. It is regarding the complexity of designing and keeping the topology so that uturn or even better, loop-free approach gives 100% coverage. Is my feeling correct that you need to keep a very dense topology to reach the 100% goal?
Thomas