redhat-list@redhat.com

how to redirect verbose to file?

Subject: how to redirect verbose to file?
From: "Anne Moore"
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:20:12 -0400
HI All,

I'm struggling with this problem. I have a cron job that runs down a list of
files being backed up. It's called "bp_backupme.pl". As it's backing up, (in
verbose -v mode), it outputs a list of files being backed up.

Does anyone know how I would redirect that files output into a file? (I
tried the >> filename.xt or >filename.txt, but it doesn't work.)

The script runs like this: /opt/bp_backupme.pl -v

I tried the: /opt/bp_backupme.pl -v  > filename.txt

But, it just errors out. If I just run the script normally, everything runs
smoothly and it lists the files on the screen.

Any idea how to grab that file list into a file?

Thank you!

Anne