rec.arts.comics.strips

Re: I don't get it (Adam at Home 9-13)

Subject: Re: I don't get it Adam at Home 9-13
From: HS WRand Om
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:37:30 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Paige wrote:
http://www.gocomics.com/adamathome/

Huh?

Paige

YOIKS! OKay, now I get it. He sends himself packages so he can talk to
the mailman for adult conversation.

I was thinking it was some kind of sports scores gimmick where you send
yourself the answers to a quiz ... or something ... don't ask me to
explain it ... I don't know what I'm talking about.

Probably Basset identifies with this pretty thoroughly. I've never freelanced full time so I don't have personal experience with that feeling of isolation. But I remember talking to a freelance illustrator I took a course from years ago talking about this exact experience: the thrill of mail delivery and the chance for some adult interaction.