rdiff-backup-users@nongnu.org

Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restoring files while rdiff-backup is running

Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restoring files while rdiff-backup is running
From: Dave Kempe
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:46:04 +1100
Dominic wrote:

Can one have multiple rdiff-backup sessions running from different clients simultaneously to one server but to different repositories (I hope and have assumed so, because this is bound to happen with push backups, which is the solution I am working towards)?

all the locking and magic is limited to a repository. hence my suggestion of having a smaller repository will lead to faster backups and quicker restores. rdiff-backup retrieves the PID of the rdiff-backup process if there are two current_mirror markers in the rdiff-backup data directory and throws this error if there is.

dave