quanta@mail.kde.org

Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.5.5 documentation sidebar query

Subject: Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.5.5 documentation sidebar query
From: "Dave Morriss"
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:50:21 +0100
On 18/04/07, Andras Mantia <amantia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'm using Quanta 3.5.5 on Kubuntu Edgy. When I try and use the
> > "Documentation" sidebar most of the links point to non-existent files.
>
> I can confirm it on edgy and I'm pretty sure this is a broken packaging. :(
>
> Yeah, it seems that the dependencies are broken for the package.
> The quanta-data package in Kubuntu contains only the Quanta specific index
> file for the documentation, not the documentation itself. You have to
> manually install the PHP, HTML, DOCBOOK, JavaScript documentation from
> their packages. You can see the broken links in
> /usr/share//usr/share/apps/quanta/doc. But even this is not enough in case
> of PHP, as the link is broken completely broken.
> /usr/share//usr/share/apps/quanta/doc points to
> /usr/share/doc/phpdoc/html, but this doesn't exists anymore, as it is in
> /usr/share/doc/php-doc/html .

I see what you mean. The links point to non-existent subdirectories of
/usr/share/doc, but the .docrc files (indexes?) exist pointing to the
missing files. Quite a mess.

> The solutions:
> 1) quickfix: install manually the documentation files and fix the links.

I grabbed the html.tar.bz2 file as an example. This is referenced on
the "Welcome" page. It comes with an install script, but this balks at
the existence of the link. I can overcome this of course, but I assume
it'll leave me vulnerable to the next update to quanta-data. Still,
it's the best short-term solution, I guess.

I'll hassle the developers, as you suggest. I wonder if it's bent in
Feisty; I think it's due out quite soon.

Thanks for the help.
--
Dave M