qtopia-interest@trolltech.com

Re: What version of Linux are people using?

Subject: Re: What version of Linux are people using?
From: "Andrea Bravetti"
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:30:39 +0200
Hi all,
right now I'm using Kubuntu 6.06 (dapper),
but may be I will move to a pure Debian soon...

bye,
Andrea Bravetti
GPRS Easy Connect Team
http://www.gprsec.hu

On 8/23/06, Jason T. Slack <appleslack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I am going to be starting to develop QTopia appication for linux
based phones and pda's.

What distro are people using? I downloaded the latest Ubuntu, but I
dont see where it has any developer tools like 'make' included. I
tried SLED also, but it wont boot after the install, I get a core
dump. I should also mention that I am trying to run Linux inside of
Parallels Workstation on my Mac Book Pro.

How do I load the developer tools on Ubuntu, this should work.....

Thoughts are appreciated.

-jason

Andrea Bravetti
ITStaff spa - Gruppo Opera21