qtopia-interest@trolltech.com

Re: What version of Linux are people using?

Subject: Re: What version of Linux are people using?
From: "Bradly Wilson"
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:29:57 -0600
You need to install the build-essentials package, that includes make and several other apps you'll need.  Ubuntu lacks some dev tools "out-of-the-box" but everything you need is in the repos.  Considering your surname, you may want to look at Slackware ;)

On 8/23/06, Jason T. Slack <appleslack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I am going to be starting to develop QTopia appication for linux
based phones and pda's.

What distro are people using? I downloaded the latest Ubuntu, but I
dont see where it has any developer tools like 'make' included. I
tried SLED also, but it wont boot after the install, I get a core
dump. I should also mention that I am trying to run Linux inside of
Parallels Workstation on my Mac Book Pro.

How do I load the developer tools on Ubuntu, this should work.....

Thoughts are appreciated.

-jason