qtopia-interest@trolltech.com

Qtopia installation

Subject: Qtopia installation
From: "Jason T. Slack"
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:08:33 -0400

I decided to try Slackware again after a few years of not using it. I have it running and things seem great.

I tried to install Qtopia Phone edition (I am evaluating it, buying a commercial license today if my boss is in the office) When I install it I did the following all as root (Yes, I know this is probably bad):

./configure -prefix=/opt/Qtopia -release
make
make install

I expected everything to end up in /opt/QTopia, but it didn't, there is nothing in /opt except kde and www. But in the directory that I did the above steps in I have a bin directory and can run designer, qvfb, etc from there and I also have a lib directory containing a lot of .so and .prl files.

Can I just add the path to the bin directory to my bash_profile and run with it?

So what did I do wrong? Should I start over?

Thanks,

-Jason