qtopia-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Qtopia, Qtopia

Subject: Re: Qtopia, Qtopia
From: Lorn Potter
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:40:33 +1000
On Friday 25 August 2006 10:56, Jason T. Slack wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am compiling Qtopia as I write this e-mail.
>
> I would like to try running some of the sample applications using the
> QVFb.
>
> There are notes that doing this can corrupt the X11 display. So how
> does one run these applications without corrupting the X11 display?
>
> Can anyone give me an example of how to do this?
>
> Also,  have never developed a Qtopia application before, I was
> starting Qt development a few months ago and I wrote a simple text
> editor with some limited syntax highlighting. Can I run this Qt
> application without modification on the QVFb?

It will need to be compiled and linked with at least qtopia core (qt
embedded), both of which do not use X11 server to display.
Depending on which version of Qt it is made with, it could be a simple
recompile.
But to get the Qtopia titlebar and integration, you need to use
QtopiaApplication instead of QtApplication (or QPEApplication for Qtopia
version 2).

> Can anybody give me a good introduction about this stuff?

If you don't have qtopia running, you must add the -qws argument so your
application knows it is to be the qws server.
./example -qws

> Thanks.
>
> -Jason
>
> --