qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-interest] QAggregatingProxyModel ?

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] QAggregatingProxyModel ?
From: Stephen Kelly
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:30:02 +0200
Kishore wrote:

> Once the dev days presentations mentions a QAggregatingProxyModel class
> that could be part of standard Qt (4.5 release as i recall). Surely, it
> was not included in the release. Sadly, the only reference to the class
> name returned by google is from that presentation
> (http://www.slideshare.net/mariusbu/practical-model-view-programming)
>
> I am now in need of such a class. What are my options?

Option 1) Ask Qt to release it somewhere. They might put it on labs if you
reach the right people.

Option 2) If LGPL works for you you can use the one that I designed but
haven't fully written yet in kdelibs.

Option 3) Write your own. A potentially non-trivial amount of work and
learning if you haven't implemented a proxy model before. Don't subclass
QAbstractProxyModel by the way. Subclass QAbstractItemModel instead.

All the best,

Steve.