qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-interest] redistribute QT application for Windows

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] redistribute QT application for Windows
From: "Bruce Cran"
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:21:57 +0100
On 21/04/10 23:46, Malyushytsky, Alex wrote:
>>> Also, if you put those DLLs in your app's folder, and Microsoft issues a
> security update for the system-wide DLLs through Windows Update, your
> app will stay buggy since it's using your bundled DLLs and not the
> system global, updated DLLs.
>
> Your application may stop working after such updates.
> This is a reason a lot of applications are deployed with such dlls in
> application folder.
> In fact Microsoft office on my computer has MSVCR71.DLL for one of the addons
> it provides.

With Visual Studio 2010 I believe this is the preferred way of using the
CRT: Microsoft have stopped using the WinSxS system for the CRT since it
caused so many problems with Visual Studio 2005/2008.

--
Bruce Cran

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete the original.