qt-interest@trolltech.com

[Qt-interest] setMask on QGraphicsView

Subject: [Qt-interest] setMask on QGraphicsView
From: <>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 02:56:15 +0100
Hi All,

I have a transparent QGraphicsView I am adding items in it. For the event to pass through I am using setMask and I am passing only the opaque region of the view. My problem is how to calculate opaque region of a widget? Is there any API? One more thing my view’s content changes all the time I need to set mask continuously as an when there is a update inside view. Currently I am listening to QGraphicsScene::changed signal and then taking all visible items boudingRect and setting the mask to the view but I feel this is not a correct way to do it. Any other better way?

Regards,
Manish