qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-interest] Changing Terminals

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] Changing Terminals
From: Sean Harmer
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:21:41 +0000
Hi,

linux newbie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any updates to below posting?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM, linux newbie <linux.newbie79@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ours is an arm based embedded platform and currently we are using
>> ncurses for GUI.
>>
>> 3 GUI based applications are running under different terminals(tty1,
>> tty2 & tty3) and on pressing Alt-F1, Alt-F2, Alt-F3 we can switch
>> between terminals. Can we do the same with Qt? If yes, is there any
>> sample application?

Just launch 3 applications on the same terminal and provide a method for
switchng between them. Just launch the first app (or an app launcher
like the fluidlauncher demo that ships with Qt) with the -qws flag so
that it is the server process. Then launch your other apps without this
flag so that they connect to an existing server process.

e.g.

fluidlauncher -qws &

or

myapp1 -qws &