qt-interest@trolltech.com

[Qt-interest] Lightweight FTP Server based on Qt

Subject: [Qt-interest] Lightweight FTP Server based on Qt
From: Christian Dähn
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:13:41 +0200 CEST
Hi,

currently I'm facing the problem to implement a portable daemon,
which should receive FTP requests with special files and to parse them
without storing anything to disk.

I know that there are many many already existing servers, but till now
I didn't found any clean C++ portable lib or class, which could solve
my problem or could be adapted to solve it.

Sadly, Qt just has a ftp client :-( but no server, yet.

Does anyone maybe know a good C++ class/lib - till now I evaluated
libCurl++, libftp etc. but all had very serious problems (buggy or created
temporary files massively or are discontinued).

Currently I'm thinking about writing an own very lightweight portable
FTP server based on Qt - but that's a big bunch of work :-(

Any hints are very appreciated.

ciao,
Chris