qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-interest] Lightweight FTP Server based on Qt

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] Lightweight FTP Server based on Qt
From: Brad Howes
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:37:29 -0400
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:13 PM, Christian Dähn wrote:

> currently I'm facing the problem to implement a portable daemon,
> which should receive FTP requests with special files and to parse them
> without storing anything to disk.

Why FTP? Why not HTTP or XML-RPC or your own protocol? You appear to
want to submit some type of work request to a server, and since FTP
just gives you a status result, you appear not to want anything
special returned back. If your requests are small, you can get by
using UDP messages (see the chat client/server in the example code).
For large requests, you'd do well to use TCP and some simple blocking
protocol to be able to recover messages from the TCP byte stream.

BTW, I've used a good C++ XML-RPC called XxmlRpc++. Easy to use and
adapt.

Regards,

Brad

--