qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-interest] Qt vs Adobe Flash etc

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] Qt vs Adobe Flash etc
From: Jason H
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:25:36 -0700 PDT
Yeah, but if you're going to have an Open Source replacement for flash, having
scripters modify C++ code is bogus.

The PyQt library uses SIP to get around this, with the caveat that you can't
inherit from two C++ classes. The work-around for that is to make an object
that inherits one and proxies the other. A pain, but you shouldn't have to
recompile your C++ every time you want to make a new object. And with PyQt you
don't.

I can't figure out why it is not supported by default -  that if you inherit
from QObject, then QtScript should not care whether your object comes from C++
or Qt script. It's a major bummer. So much so that I'm willing to buy a PyQt
license. I tried. I gave up.

Again just proof that Qt isn't ready to take on Flash. (But we're sooooo close!)