qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-interest] QT with Visual studio 2005 or .NET

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] QT with Visual studio 2005 or .NET
From: "David Ching"
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:23:28 -0700
> "Himanshu SRIVASTAVA" <himanshu.srivastava@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am a licensed user of QT deveolping C++ applications
> I have visual studio 2005 and .NET on  my system.
>
> is there a way i can integrate the two (QT and visual studio 2005/.NET)
> and develop C++ applications using QT libraries?

As mentioned, there is a free plug-in available.  Note, though, that it does
not work Visual Studio Express (the free versions), because these versions
of Visual Studio don't support any plug-ins at all.  You need at least
Visual Studio Standard (Pro, Team System, etc. of course will also work).

Also note that the free Qt plug-in is not the same (the Add-in) is not the
same as the one available for commercial Qt customers (the Visual Studio
integration).  They provide similar functionality, but the paid one embeds
the Qt Designer within the IDE, where as the free one merely launches the
external Qt Designer.  My feeling is the external Qt Designer has more
features and polish than the internal one, so this is no great loss.

Cheers,
David