qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-interest] QStyle Vs Style Sheet.

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] QStyle Vs Style Sheet.
From: <>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:48:43 +0100
Rajiv Podar wrote on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:14 AM:

I am working on a project in which we have a requirement to customise the
controls(i.e. drawing of the control) so in order to achieve this we have
implemented style sheet.
But it results in extremly slowing down the project.
So my question is can anybody suggest which is the optimal solution to
customise the widgets :
> 1. By remplementing QStyle class.
> 2. By using style sheet.

Why don't you test that by yourself? Should be a matter of hours...

> Please reply with the reason in terms of memory and speed of the code.

Sounds like you're asking people on this list to do performance testing for
you. But I am sure people would be interested in your findings, so don't
hesitate to publish them here. :)

Cheers, Oliver

p.s. Uh oh... just now I realised where you are from, AutoForm! Hello former
colleague (we actually never met I guess ;)