qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-interest] unresolved Symbol (QMetaObject const QwtPlot::staticMe

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] unresolved Symbol (QMetaObject const QwtPlot::staticMetaObject) in qwtplot derived Class
From: Matthias Pospiech
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:16:22 +0100
Ian Thomson schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> It seems as if you have a QObject derived class called Zoomer inside
> your .cpp file. This class doesn't have the Q_OBJECT macro.
>
> Is this the case? If so, is moc being run on this class's definition
> inside the .cpp file?

Indeed not moc is generated for the Zoomer class. But this class is not
using signals or slots itsself.
Out of interest I have placed it in the .h file. This now gives me
errors for both classes:

1>moc_QScatterPlot.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes
Symbol ""public: static struct QMetaObject const
QwtPlot::staticMetaObject" (?staticMetaObject@QwtPlot@@2UQMetaObject@@B)".
1>moc_QScatterPlot.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes
Symbol ""public: static struct QMetaObject const
QwtPlotZoomer::staticMetaObject"
(?staticMetaObject@QwtPlotZoomer@@2UQMetaObject@@B)".

So no problem is solved by adding a Q_OBJECT in the Zoomer class.

Matthias