qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Twiddling with a Sqlite connection...

Subject: Re: Twiddling with a Sqlite connection...
From: Dimitri
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:33:21 +0200
Hi,
Unfortunately, it looks like there is one file that should not be
included there. When I compile, I get the following output:

/usr/include/qt4/QtSql/qsql_sqlite.h:49:46: error:
QtSql/private/qsqlcachedresult_p.h: No such file or directory

Have you installed Qt from sources? Have you installed a binary package?

File qsqlcachedresult_p.h is available with Qt sources. I can't recall whether it is installed or not (hence whether it is available with binary packages or not) but it is available.

The problem is that this is a private file, and as such may change or disappear without notice in upcoming versions of Qt. Public header files shouldn't include private files. After looking further into this, I noticed some apparently public header files do include private header files. This looks wrong. I suggest you send a bug report to Trolltech.

$ fgrep _p.h src/*/*/*[^_]?.h
src/gui/embedded/qwssocket_qws.h:#include <QtGui/private/qunixsocketserver_p.h>
src/gui/embedded/qwssocket_qws.h:#include <QtGui/private/qunixsocket_p.h>
src/xmlpatterns/api/qxmlname.h: /* The implementation for these functions are in utils/qnamepool_p.h. */
$
$ grep _p.h src/*/*/*/*[^_]?.h
src/plugins/gfxdrivers/directfb/qdirectfbpaintengine.h:#include <private/qpaintengine_raster_p.h> src/plugins/gfxdrivers/directfb/qdirectfbpixmap.h:#include <QtGui/private/qpixmapdata_p.h> src/plugins/gfxdrivers/directfb/qdirectfbsurface.h:#include <private/qpaintengine_raster_p.h> src/plugins/gfxdrivers/directfb/qdirectfbsurface.h:#include <private/qwindowsurface_qws_p.h> src/plugins/gfxdrivers/hybrid/hybridsurface.h:#include <private/qglwindowsurface_qws_p.h> src/plugins/gfxdrivers/hybrid/hybridsurface.h:#include <private/qglpaintdevice_qws_p.h> src/plugins/gfxdrivers/hybrid/hybridsurface.h:#include <private/qwssharedmemory_p.h>
src/sql/drivers/ibase/qsql_ibase.h:#include <QtSql/private/qsqlcachedresult_p.h>
src/sql/drivers/oci/qsql_oci.h:#include <QtSql/private/qsqlcachedresult_p.h>
src/sql/drivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.h:#include <QtSql/private/qsqlcachedresult_p.h>
src/sql/drivers/sqlite/qsql_sqlite.h:#include
<QtSql/private/qsqlcachedresult_p.h>
src/sql/drivers/tds/qsql_tds.h:#include <QtSql/private/qsqlcachedresult_p.h>
$

--
Dimitri