qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: System locale in Qt/Windows Mobile

Subject: Re: System locale in Qt/Windows Mobile
From: "Constantin Makshin"
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:19:13 +0400
Tried in WM5 English and:
name() returns "C";
language() returns 1 (also C).

And the OS language wasn't changed, I used 2 different systems:
1) Windows Mobile 5 English on Microsoft Device Emulator;
2) Windows Mobile 5 Russian on HP iPaq hx2190b.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:48:06 +0400, Dimitri <dimitri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Qt/Windows Mobile can't detect system locale and QLocale::system() always returns "C" locale, regardless of OS language (I know language isn't the same as locale, but it seems to be a bug anyway).

Is there any difference between:
        QLocale::system().name()
and:
        QLocale::system().language()

If you change the OS language, I would expect only language() to change - but please note I've never tried Qt on Windows CE myself...

--
Constantin "Dinosaur" Makshin