qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: How to speed up QWidget delete

Subject: Re: How to speed up QWidget delete
From: Dave Smith
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:48:22 -0600
Scott Aron Bloom wrote:
Here is conclusion... Trolltech in the spirit of "Do more code less"
should put the check for css change into their code...

I agree, or Trolltech ought to at least document the behavior of setStyleSheet() such that we know the side effects of calling setStyleSheet() repeatedly.

I have implemented the behavior where I check for equality of the existing stylesheet before assigning the new stylesheet and it works fine, but I'll add setStyleSheet(QString()) in the case that a change is needed to make sure I don't leak at all.

Thanks Scott. I'll submit the example program and this thread's URL to the customer tracker.

--Dave