qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Qt Documentation (was Why no QSqlQuery::value(QString&) method ?)

Subject: Re: Qt Documentation was Why no QSqlQuery::value(QString&) method ?
From: Israel Brewster
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:32:12 -0900
On Dec 16, 2007, at 11:23 PM, Bo Thorsen wrote:

On lørdag den 15. December 2007, Eric Methorst wrote:
Yes, I've never enjoyed the model/view stuff myself either. I'd rather use a QTreeWidget any day. If you're going for the model/view stuff you shuold be prepared that the API becomes a little more... well... interesting :-)

The model view classes are really hard to get started with. But I guarantee
you that for any non trivial project, the time investment will pay off
immensely later. For maintainability, nothing beats the new model view
classes.

Ah, that explains a lot. I chose to introduce myself to Qt with a section of the API that was "really hard to get started with". No wonder it was a bit rough for the first couple weeks :-D.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 450-7250 x293

Bo.

--

Thorsen Consulting ApS - Qt consulting services
http://www.thorsen-consulting.dk