qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: qmake + file distribution

Subject: Re: qmake + file distribution
From: Andreas Pakulat
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:09:00 +0200
On 23.09.07 16:34:07, Yong wrote:
> From the docs I understand that all the .pro files are a easier interface to
> the Makefiles,
> and that 'qmake' translates all the stuff that you write in a .pro file into
> Makefile.

Right.

> Now I need to make the following to happen:
> write a .pro file that will contain all the sources for a project, compile
> them, and after the compilation all the .h files and libXXXX.so to be copied
> a specific location.

Look at
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qmake-variable-reference.html#installs
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qmake-environment-reference.html#installs

something like

TARGET = mylib
installedheaders.files = *.h
installedheaders.path = /usr/local/include/mylib
target.path = /usr/local/lib
INSTALLS += installedheaders target

Should do what you want. It creates a make target called "install" which
copies your library and all headers from the directory of the .pro file
into /usr/local/ subdirectories.

Andreas

--
You seek to shield those you love and you like the role of the provider.