qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: how to print QString contents - QT4

Subject: Re: how to print QString contents - QT4
From: Till Oliver Knoll
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:48:24 +0200
Vahe Avedissian schrieb:
Hi,

I seem to be having problems printing the data contents of QString objects.

I've tried the qDebug, and printf using the dat, toAscii, to unicode, etc...
methods.
It compiles, but at runtime I either see the first character only, or get a
crash with
"Illegal instruction" message.

This seemed to work with QT3.x and I cannot find any documentation or examples
of
how to do this correctly.

What am I missing?

The last method call to data():

  qDebug ("The string is: %s", theQString.toLatin1().data());

Note that toLatin1(), toAscii() etc. return a QCString only - from this you still need to pass along the actual char * to qDebug, with the data() method.

Cheers, Oliver
*** AutoForm is proud winner of the AUTOMOTIVE NEWS PACE AWARD 2004.
This prestigious award honours our continuous game-changing
innovations and recognizes our commitment to global leadership
in sheet metal forming technology.
AutoForm Engineering GmbH            Tel: +41 43 444 6161
Technoparkstrasse 1                  Fax: +41 43 444 6162
CH-8005 Zurich / Switzerland         www.autoform.com